Monday, October 19, 2009

Double Strollers

So, since I will soon need to cart 2 children around under 3 (AHHH!!!) I decided a double stroller would be a must have purchase. After doing some research, I decided the side by side strollers, although nice because it's not super long (you save yourself from being THAT person that hits everyone in the Achilles) is much too wide to take shopping. I like being able to fit down isles and what not. Plus, on sidewalks, I'd hate to run everyone off just so I can get to where I need to go. So, ultimately, I have decided to get the narrower version where they sit single file. After doing even more research, I found that I have to get a Graco if I want my current infant car seat to fit into it (makes it easy when the kid is still asleep, but you need to get out of the car). I have 2 options, the DuoGlider or the Quattro Tour duo. I currently own the Quattro Tour single stroller, and I LOVE IT. So, that's what I'm leaning towards, but it's an extra $50-$100 more than the other for various reasons. Like more storage, and a more compact design so it can fit in sedans, or not take up the entire back of an SUV. So... anyway, who knew picking out a double stroller would be so difficult?
On top of all the choices you have for a regular shopping stroller, you also have the jobbing stroller which is light-weight. I debated on getting one of these, but they are all side by side and their front wheel sticks out pretty far... I guess I will go to Babies R' Us and test drive some in the coming months. Try to get John's opinion before he leaves for Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment