Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Swine

No matter how much you try to ignore H1N1, it still manages to tear you down. Normally mind over matter can help you get over some head colds, but apparently somewhere in the process of the mutation of this particular flu bug, the mind over matter has been shot down, and is now laughed at.
On a side note, it's necessary to attempt this feat when you have a sick husband and a sick child. Sick men are like wounded bears, and 18 month old's don't understand why you can't fix them. So, you are forced to take care of them when you would rather have never woken up.
Oh yes, and I feel I should also note that when you're pregnant your arsenal of medications is very limited, and none of them help. I'm taking Tamiflu (which MAKES me puke) and Tylenol Cold (which I have run out of as of an hour ago). So, the issue is giving a friend a list of things to pick up at the store, or just going out and braving the freezing weather on your own. Maybe if I walk around with one of those masks on people will steer clear. I have no patience left to deal with the people of Walmart (check it out www.peopleofwalmart.com) I feel like I may have already passed that link along, but, just in case, you get it again.
Another thing I hate, between being pregnant and sick I cannot remember anything. Last night I skipped Tori's dose of Tamiflu because I couldn't remember if I had given it to her or not. I woke up this morning realizing that I had not given it to her lat night, and immediately felt terrible.
Anyway, moral of the story is, wash your hands and use hand sanitizer like a mad man. I thought I was being good, but apparently not good enough. So, be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment