Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

This year, our household hosted Thanksgiving. Originally it was only supposed to be us and 2 other couples. A very calm Thanksgiving with 7 people, including the 2 toddlers (Tori and her friend Claire). Well, a few days before the big event, I found out that it wouldn't just be 7 people, but more like 16. Luckily I always plan on making TONS so everyone gets to take home lots of leftovers, so I only had to run to the store to grab a few extras. Anyway, we cooked our 20 lb turkey over night like my grandma Carol does, and it was absolutely delicious. I had to scrap the bones for some extra meat once everyone left since there wasn't much left. Just a drum stick and a wing. Luckily I had a friend make another smaller turkey so we stole some breast meat.
Anyway, it was an eventful day/evening which ended in a lot of cleaning. Luckily since we definitely don't have seating for everyone, we used paper plates and called it a day, so that made it a lot easier. And we're still working on leftovers of the quadruple batch of potatoes, cranberry sauce and stuffing. So, it's been a nice weekend of not cooking or doing much cleaning.

Other than that, I'm still pregnant. This week I have my next appointment, so more to come on that. I'm hoping it's a boy, but I have this bad feeling it is going to be a girl, again. Not that we won't love her. I just really don't want to deal with 2 girls and all the drama that will inevitably ensue. Not to mention that they are so close in age that it will constantly be a battle.

And John deploys in about a month. I'm not excited. It finally hit me last night that not only will Tori and I be without him for 5 months, but I will be very pregnant, and delivering our next child alone. Hopefully my mom will make it out here in time (I'd like for her to just stay for a month or two), since I'm freaking out that my friends around here won't get me to the hospital in time. Since they'll have to drive from their house, one to watch Tori, and one to take me. I guess if worse comes to worse, I can just drive myself as soon as labor starts. It's not so bad in the very beginning. But, it's a lot of waiting in the hospital... anyway, I will miss my hubby a lot. And I'm really not looking forward to this next year. At least not before May.

No comments:

Post a Comment