Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Sickmas

I went to bed late last night after cleaning, baking, stuffing stockings, and making sure everything was perfect for this morning. I couldn't sleep, and just assumed it was the 10 year old in me getting excited for Christmas, but when I woke up at about 7 and realized my breathing was a little more labored than usual, and not to mention painful, I knew I had come down with a cold. So, after taking a shower and some Tylenol cold, I decided it was a lost cause, and since John was feeling the same way, we would just have to trade off all day watching Tori. So, I made my Swedish Tea Ring breakfast while John took a long bath and a nap, then when he came out, I laid down on the couch and rested, eventually falling asleep at some point. Now we're both awake and just wanting the day to end so we can crawl into bed and pass out. Not my ideal Christmas, but, it beats the alternative of not having one at all.
I think the worst part is that I can only take Tylenol since I'm pregnant. Otherwise I would be chugging DayQuil (my cold medicine of choice) like John has been and probably feeling a lot better. Then some NyQuil to help put me to sleep. I have heard pregnant women can take Tylenol PM, but I don't think I'd risk it. Hopefully I will be so exhausted come 9PM that I won't need it and hopefully by some miracle, the exhaustion carries me through the whole night.
Anyway, in a merrier note, Tori loved everything she got. Luckily I got her toys, and everyone else got her clothes (something that kid ALWAYS needs) and shoes, so, she's set. Her big present from Santa was this dancing Mickey Mouse, and she's been dancing with it all morning. It's super cute. I can't wait till next year when we can actually make cookies and give the reindeer carrots. And she'll understand that there is a happy, fat, little man who likes to sneak into people's houses once a year, eat their food, drink their milk, and leave presents. Sounds like a good deal to me. After all, we cook for friends all the time, and they don't leave awesome, wrapped, presents.
To everyone that sent us gifts, gift cards, and money, I cannot thank you enough. Because of you, our tree had twice as many presents under it and Christmas didn't seem like such a failure. I really need to start a Christmas savings account for next couple years. Not working and surviving from paycheck to paycheck hasn't been easy, but especially come the holidays when we're trying to find extra money, it's just miserable. Another reason I'm glad Tori is still young, so she doesn't have to realize just how broke mommy and daddy are. Haha. Oh well, I think it comes with being young parents. For being 22 year old parents I think we are doing a damn good job raising Tori. Once we sell our house and either move back on base or to a different base, things will be a lot easier. Coming up with the extra money for a mortgage and utilities hasn't been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment