Saturday, October 17, 2009

Slacker




Yes, I know... I haven't even thought about my blog in weeks. Which is good and bad. I've been super busy, and whatever time I have free, I'm typically napping. And no, I'm not lazy. As some of you may know, I'm pregnant again with our second child. I am 11 weeks along, as of yesterday, and hopefully at my next ultrasound later this month (the 28th) we'll know if it's a boy or a girl. Fingers crossed John passed along his male sperm. I don't know if I could convince him to risk 3 girls. And I think he'd hate me forever if I tricked him by "taking" my birth control. Haha. Although, it happened the first time! I suppose it wouldn't be such a huge surprise if my fertility told the birth control "sorry, I win." But, with that being said. I forgot how terrible the first trimester of pregnancy is. And I'm remembering how terrible the third trimester is... so, if this is our last child, I will be one happy lady. Getting the baby making over and done with early! That way by the time we're 45 we'll HOPEFULLY have an empty nest and be able to retire from the military, and enjoy being just the two of us again. We didn't get much time before Tori showed up, so I'm looking forward to it. Now I just have to make my children super smart so I don't have to pay for college. Haha. Or convince the grandparents to pay for it... we don't really have even $15/month to be putting away. Unfortunately between mortgage, groceries, and bills we're pretty much living from paycheck to paycheck. Not my idea of a good time, but, that's how it's going to be for a few years.
Anyway, we're really looking forward to Halloween. As I'm sure you noticed in the pictures above, Tori is going to be Piglet, and last night I spent an hour at the sewing machine and made Ozzie a costume as Tigger. Although it could work as a tiger too, it's basically orange fabric with black stripes.
I'm trying to convince John we need to buy decorations, but he refuses to do so until we settle down... looks like we'll finally have decorations for the holidays when we're in our 50s. It's hard to settle down in the military. But, thank goodness the dollar store has decorations. That way if we have to throw them away when we move, it's really not too big of a loss. I know we're definitely having people over here for Thanskgiving and Halloween, and I think we're going over to a friends house for Christmas dinner. Otherwise, we'll have people over here too.
So... lots going on over here in Utah. The trees are beautiful, and the mountains have some dusting of snow. It hasn't rained for a week or so, which means it's begun to melt, but, I'm really looking forward to seeing them covered in snow again. It truly is beautiful here. Even without an ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment