Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why my husband rocks contest

www.milspouse.com is holding a "why my husband rocks" contest. I decided to submit a short essay about why my husband "rocked". Here it is.


My husband rocks because he is not only a wonderful husband, but he is an even more amazing father. Before we got married, we had only been dating a short while, and I became pregnant. Since we had been in an open relationship due to him being stationed 2 states away, I wanted to have him take a paternity test. I didn't want to burden him with a mistake I had made (or rather a failed birth control). He agreed to take it, but told me regardless of his paternity, he wanted to be the child's father. He wanted to marry me, and spend the rest of his life with me and my child. The results showed it was indeed his child, thankfully, but by that time, we had already been married.
Since then, he has not only provided everything our growing family needs, but he has been my rock to lean on whenever things get rough. He is my best friend and I couldn't have asked for a better man to grow old with. Our oldest child is now 2 and a half and loves Disney movies, especially about princesses (like any little girl), and my husband is more than happy to sing along to her favorite songs, buy her princess dresses, and dance around our living room and kitchen.
Every time we watch a new Disney movie (most of which I haven't seen since my childhood) and they burst into song, my husband knows all the words. I cannot stress how impressive this is. I know he doesn't secretly watch these movies without our daughters, yet he knows a majority of the words! It always makes me laugh and I fall even more in love with him when I see my oldest daughters eyes light up when she sees her daddy knows all the words to Sleeping Beauty or Beauty and the Beast.
In short, my husband rocks because he is absolutely amazing. He understands parenting should come before anything else, helps me out whenever I need it, and volunteers to watch our girls so I can go out and have some time to myself. The only thing that could make him better was if he still gave me back massages on a daily basis and liked to snuggle! I suppose I can live without those, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment