Tuesday, December 7, 2010

New orders!

So, yesterday we found out that we have received orders to Misawa Japan! I am so incredibly excited. And a little nervous to leave everything I have grown up with (AKA, anything and everything American) and venture to Japan. But, life is what you make it, and I know it is going to a wonderful adventure. As long as I have the love of my life and our 2 wonderful children with me, I don't think anything will be terrible (maybe just slightly intolerable? Ha). I have heard nothing but great things about Japan's culure and people, so, I'm glad I'm going to get to experience that for an extended period of time. I will get to see the Cherry Blossom's for a few years, venture off base and get REAL Japanese sushi (something I have missed immensely since leaving California), maybe learn a little Japanese, and explore the surrounding towns and cities! Another thing I'm excited about is being able to shop at the local markets. I heard that the produce on base isn't very good, but off base at the markets it is amazing. Plus, John is very excited about fishing.
We'll be in Northern Japan, so, it will get pretty cold, but, we will be by the beach, so, even if its' cold, I'll still have my Pacific Ocean to keep me company! Plus, it'll still snow!! I love the snow, and when I'm stressed out, shoveling the driveway and sidewalks really helps me clear my head and take some time off from whatever is driving me up the wall, usually my wonderful children.
For those of you who are a little sad about me moving to Japan (mom) I would like to point out that we hardly see each other as it is now, so, it's not going to be that much different! Plus, if you ever scrounge up the money to come see us ($1500 for a plane ticket!) you'll be able to see a new country and create new experiences! Also, the offer to come visit extends to anyone who wants to make the trip!! We love entertaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment