Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cinnamon Apple Stuffed Crepes

Hello everyone! I made a delicious (and spontaneous) breakfast this morning. I noticed one of our apples was going bad and decided to make crepes and use apples as the filling. After making them I wish I would have had 2 full apples instead of the 1 1/2 apples and perhaps some whipped cream to add (I could have made my own since we have heavy cream, but... I decided to not give Martha Stewart any competition today). I also wish I would have added in a bit more water since they were a little thicker than I would have liked. But, they turned out pretty good none-the-less.

I originally got the recipe from www.allrecipes.com. It was the "basic crepes" recipe. I then added vanilla and sugar to that, and a bit more milk. About 1/4 cup milk more than originally called for.

Here's what you'll need:


















Dice up your apples, melt in a couple tablespoons of butter in a pan, add the apples and cinnamon. Sauté until soft. I ended up just putting them on low-medium and stirring occasionally while I mixed and cooked the crepes.


















Pour in your crepe batter into a lightly oiled pan (I used olive oil Pam), and attempt to make it into a circle shape. Cook the batter for about 30-60 seconds (the time depends on the thickness of the batter), and then carefully flip the crepe over to brown the other side. Sadly, this one was one of my last crepes. There is definitely a learning curve guys!!



















Stuff and roll up your crepes, put onto your finest china plates (notice mine are husband and child proof plastic from Target), and top with some powdered sugar and a tall glass of orange juice (I drank half of mine prior to taking a picture).


















Cinnamon Apple Filling:

2 TB butter
2 apples - diced (any type you've got on hand, I used Gala, despite the Granny Smith ones in the picture)
2 TB cinnamon

Melt the butter in a medium frying pan on medium. Add the apples and cinnamon and sauté until soft, about 5-10 minutes. Reserve.


Crepe Recipe:

1 cup flour
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
2 TB sugar
2 TB melted butter
1 TB vanilla

Mix together the flour and eggs. Slowly add in your milk and water until combined. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until blended. Heat a large skillet or griddle on medium high and lightly grease with whatever you fancy. Once the skillet it heated, pour about 1/4 cup, or small ladle full of batter and spread into a circle. Cook for about a minute on each side, remove to a plate, spoon in your reserved apple mixture, top with powdered sugar and whipped cream, and serve to your hungry family! Enjoy!


Until next time,

Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment