Friday, November 19, 2010

Busy Busy Busy!!!

This week has been chaotic! It's been one thing after another; Suicide Awareness Training, Key Spouse Function, Christmas Shopping, and now the Squadron Thanksgiving party. But, I've had a really great time so far, I just REALLY need to lock myself in the house starting tonight and not leave until it's spotless. Ha, yeah, right.
I have been gone a few nights this week, and the other nights I don't think I cooked either because I was just so exhausted from trying to clean up. Seriously, I pick up all the toys and odds and ends around the house, do a few loads of laundry, and then I turn around and Victoria has taken ALL her toys back out, scattered John's flash cards for his next test as Staff Sargent, and because I was too busy trying to feed Annie, potty train Tori, and make sure I was drinking my 8 glasses of water a day (harder than I expected), I see that the laundry I washed has piled up, and the house isn't getting any cleaner.
How mothers manage to keep the house clean on a daily basis amazes me. My theory is that you either ignore the housework or you ignore your kids. There is NO happy medium. I guess that makes me a good mom? Ha. I definitely play with my kids and color and run around playing Victoria's version of hide-and-go-seek, or peek-a-boo with Annie, and who knows what else. But, the only down part is that by the time I get them to sleep at night, I am exhausted and all I want to do is curl up with my husband who I haven't seen all day and watch a show or two before we crash at about 9.
I honestly wish I was better at multi-tasking, or teaching my children early on to clean up after themselves, but, Tori just doesn't seem to listen. We have clean up songs, clean together, etc, and after about 30 seconds, and on her second or third toy, she gets distracted and wants to play with it. I am just at a loss. I wish we could afford a house cleaner who could come over every night and just pick up everything, or maybe help me pick up everything. I think I would feel guilty (even if I was paying them) if I didn't help out. Either that or I need to convince John to help, but his whole outlook on it is, I am a stay at home mom. My job is to keep the house up and raise our children. Whoever told men it was possible to do both is crazy. Haha.
Anyway, it's about time to pull the turkey out of the oven, feed the girls, get everyone dressed, put Mr. Turkey in the car, and head to our squadron Thanksgiving party. Oy Vay!

No comments:

Post a Comment