Friday, November 5, 2010

Everyone deserves a pat on the back

Although a lot of people like to tell me I'm super mom, I know full well I am far from it. I am proud of myself for accomplishing a lot of things in my short, yet chaotic, life, but am far from perfect. One thing I cannot wait to cross off my list is my education. I miss going to school. I wish I would have appreciated it more when I was in high school and continued on to a University instead of the Community College near my hometown. Don't get me wrong, Cabrillo is a great school, it is just too easy to get stuck there and have no motivation to leave. I mean, half the classrooms look out to the ocean! How can you expect to concentrate on something as dry as Business Calculus or Accounting 1A when the beach is beaconing for you to come play? Haha.
Anyway, with that being said, I feel everyone deserves a pat on the back. And lately, I have been pretty down on myself and stressed out to the point I feel like every day is a blur and I never accomplish anything. As if having 2 children isn't stressful enough, still being a child yourself AND being a military spouse is enough to send even the most sane person over the edge. Not to say I was ever the most sane, but, I definitely was on that side of the scale.
So, here are my accomplishments and things I am proud of. I have a wonderful husband who loves me, who goes to work every day (or as of right now, nights), and still has enough energy to play with our kids and spend time with me when he is home. I have two of the most beautiful daughters in the world who are absolutely amazing, and although a handful, they are caring, funny, and a joy to call my own. I am a great mom and because of it my kids are wonderful. My 2 year old shares, is gentle with Annie, and willingly gives everyone hugs and kisses and lets them know she loves them. And not only are my girls awesome and I am great mom, but I had my second child while my husband was in Afghanistan. He left a little less than halfway through the pregnancy, so I was a single, pregnant, parent to a 1 1/2 year old. I have also learned to not only be a great wife, but to be a mother in a very short period of time, and all at the young age of (now) 23. I am the Key Spouse of our squadron and not only built our new website (I have no idea where the time for that came from!), but I also have been branching out and making sure to call spouses (I hate phone calls), and volunteering with John for numerous activities around base for our squadron. I can cook pretty much anything as long as I have enough ingredients to make things up as I go along (don't ask me to bake, I'm baking challenged still) and for the most part (I think I've made one "not so yummy" meal) everything is delicious. And, even after having 2 kids, although my body isn't the same shape as it was in high school, and I have a few new battle scars, I still consider myself to be pretty darn good-looking. I would like to make time for the gym, but, the time will come eventually.
I hope everyone out there can take a few moments to really look at yourself and make a good, long, list of everything that makes you special and all the things you've accomplished so far. It will put a smile on your face and make you realize just how amazing you really are!
Have a happy Friday everyone. And remember to be thankful for everyone out there who has helped you get to where you are today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment