Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chore Wars

So, a friend of mine posted this on facebook the other day. I hate cleaning, almost as if I was allergic to it. Might as well hold me under water (which, by the way, is probably my biggest fear. Don't do it, I'll flip out) or threaten to make me go for a run (also, really unenjoyable).
Anyway, the site is called www.chorewars.com. It's pretty much the kick in the butt I need to motivate me: competition. Unfortunately, John doesn't do much cleaning since he's at work all day, then exhausted by the time he gets home. Or so he says... Ha. So, I think that means I'm competing against myself. But, so far, it's working!
For each chore you do, there are various experience points awarded as well as a possible treasure if you defeat one of the many monsters/perils along the way. So, for example, cleaning the bathroom can earn you 45 experience points, 1-45 gold pieces, and there is a 25% chance of treasure (torn spellbook, ruby ring, +1 plunger, and a towel cloak) if you beat the 50% chance of encountering a wandering monster (tentacle, drain beast, giant spider, water elemental). It truly brings out my inner nerd. My father would be proud. 
Anyway, for those of you who live with other people (or who want to compete with me!), you should join chore wars. It's quite fun. Ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment