Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sliced my finger WIDE open

So last night while I was making dinner and washing off my cutting board between chopping up some things, I made the mistake of running my ring finger on my right hand down my VERY sharp chef's knife. Lots of blood, and a few whispered cuss words (my children were hanging out in the kitchen with me) and John was heading to the bathroom to get me hydrogen peroxide and a bandaid. Turns out, the bandaid was not enough. I soaked through it in a minute. Haha. So, I went to gauze and tape, which also were soaked through, but slowed the bleeding down, switched the gauze out again after I finished cooking dinner, and taped it up like a mummy.
This AM I looked down and noticed (after cooking breakfast) that the bleeding had started again. So, took off the gauze, cleaned it up again, and put on a clear bandaid (it's pretty rad) really tight. The bleeding has stopped. So, now I just need to keep my fingers crossed that I don't need to go get stitches. I REALLY don't want stitches. My pulse quickens just thinking about it. :( Ha. I know, I'm a pansy.
Anyway, really sucks. Especially when I forget and try to type with that finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment