Wednesday, August 5, 2009

1 dog family

We officially have only 1 dog. No, I'm not crazy. Surprisingly, it was easier with 2 dogs. They entertained each other, ran around in the backyard, and played together, although they also got into trouble together. Walking with 2 dogs and a stroller was a little much, but, I did it a couple times (note, only a couple times).
My dog Ozzie now seems a little depressed without her sister dog, but on the other hand, my husband couldn't be happier. He even did a celebration dance after the couple walked out the door with Luna in her kennel. I'm hoping my dog has a short memory and forgets about Luna. Maybe a trip to the dog park will help.
I guess if I look on the bright side, it means I won't have to worry about Luna getting so excited she pees on my carpet. Or, getting so scared, she pees on my carpet. Or, her just sneaking around behind my back and either peeing or pooping in the bathtub, or if the bathroom doors are closed, on the carpet. And she was terrified of everything. If we had people over for dinner, she would bark and bark and bark and run around terrified that there were people in her house that she didn't know. Which resulted in her being locked in her kennel.
Also, since she didn't know how to chew her food, she would constantly either choke on it, so there would be slimy dog food all over my kitchen/dining room floor, or, she would silently puke in her kennel at night, so when she made gagging noises, we'd go to let her out, and find she had already puked.
I'm hoping now, Ozzie won't have a bad influence, and will be the perfect dog she was before Luna. Like being more careful around Victoria. More than once they've run right into her.
So, although I'm a little sad about loosing my retarded dog. I suppose my carpet shampooer will thank me. He'll only have to clean up messes like grape juice spilt by not only my 1 year old, but by my husband as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love your sense of humor at life's little mishaps sweetheart. It makes life alot easier if you can laugh when life challenges you. I'm proud of my girl.love you Mom

    ReplyDelete