Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Leaving Utah??

So, I haven't written much the past few days since all I could think of writing about was fighting with the hubs. I didn't want to bad mouth him... since I definitely would have. Anyway, things are resolved (thank God!), and now that I look back, I thought it was all important at the times, but, it really wasn't THAT big of a deal.
Anyway, in more exciting news. As John was leaving this morning he told me that since Hill AFB plans on retiring 17 jets (John is an F-16 Maintenance Analyst) they will be getting rid of 2-3 Analysts, and 4 Schedulers. After hearing this, I was already excited. Then he told me that the two Analysts that are most eligible are himself and Sgt. Ninal (his boss) since they have been here the longest. Which means that yeah, we won't be able to finish school here, but, I'm sure where ever we go, we can find a place to take school. Plus, on base they always have testing areas that work with many schools, so technically we wouldn't have to leave base, and we could go to a school near us.
As much as many of you are not going to want to hear this, I have decided that our number 1 choice at this time is out of the country. I REALLY want to be stationed in Kadena, Japan. First off, getting stationed out of the states right now, may be one of our last chances. As soon as John becomes an officer (about 4-5 years from now), we won't be stationed out of the states. Since he's planning on being a Chemistry major, we'll get stationed in New Mexico, Colorado, or California for the duration of his career. Of course we'll be moving every few years since he'll be an officer, and they don't like the subordinates get too used to their higher ups, but, there are only so many places that a Chem major can go and do what will be helpful.
So, sorry mom, but when you come to visit me in Japan (haha, I talk like it's already a sure thing!) at least you can enjoy REAL sushi. And, think of it this way, it's only a 10 hour plane ride! If I was to get stationed in Germany, it would be more like 22 hours! So, it's not that bad!!!
The only thing I'm a little sad about is that I love my midwife, and wanted to stay here until I had my next baby. But... this is the nature of being a military wife. You don't get to choose much about where you go, and when you go. Planning only gets you so far. And they never work out like you want them to anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh exciting! Good luck! :) I hope you get the chance too. What a cool opportunity that would be.

    ReplyDelete