Friday, August 7, 2009

Dog hair has protien, doesn't it?

Finding your child eating anything besides what you gave her to eat is disconcerning. For example, you find her eating the paper towel you left on the coffee table from lunch, or that part of her book is missing since she chewed it off using her newly acquired teeth. Well, while cleaning the hair off the couches, I was using my lint brush. Since it's not the sticky kind, I was cleaning off the hair, and putting it into a small pile on the carpet (after all, I was about to vacuum). I turned my back to Victoria and continue de-hairing the couch, and when I turned back around to deposit more dog hair into my little pile to find that my daughter had decided to come over and "help" me clean. Which basically means she decided to pick up a handful of dog hair and eat it. I must say, her reaction to the dog hair was priceless, but, I didn't have time to appreciate it. All I could think of doing was grabbing her cheeks and doing the "finger swipe" through her mouth, similar to what you would do with a dog actually. Needlessly to say, after getting the majority of what she had shoved in there, she started gagging on the rest. Great. I go in for another swipe, and luckily get it all. But, now, my daughter is spitting for the next 10 minutes since during this whole thing I'm saying "YUCKIES!!! SPIT IT OUT!!!" And sticking my tounge out and "spitting."


Just wonderful. Luckily I have learned that I can never de-hair the dog hair and stick the hair where Victoria can get it if she's awake. I'll probably just add it to the list of things I can only do while she is napping. Like, vacuuming, using the blender, using my hairdryer, using the food processor, shampooing the carpets, mopping, and basically anything else that will make a loud noise, or requires her to sit still. Yeah... now you all understand my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment