Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pill-popping for beauty purposes?

I apologize for any men who read my blog, this will be of NO interest to you.
So, as I was taking my prenatal vitamin this morning, I got to thinking... Prenatals help your nails grow, as well as help with your hair, but not as much as Biotin (which they have now started putting in conditioners). Which means there must be PLENTY of other vitamins out there, so, I was wondering what other pills women take to help stay beautiful.
After a little research I discovered that there was tons of vitamins women take! Fish Oils was probably the most obvious (I need to start taking them again now that I think of it). But there were anti-wrinkle/aging pills like Imedeen (very pricey), Biosil (claims to reduce wrinkles 19%), and Hydraplenish (which has Hyalauronic Acid and is a great internal moisturizer for skin/joints). Not to mention things that help with skin issues, like most birth control pills.
Anyway, I figured I would post this so all the other women can either tell me what they use (share the wealth!) or let me know how these things work if you already are using them.
I plan on picking up some Biotin since after bleaching my hair so much, it's still trying to recover. More to come on this after I do some personal research. All I can say at the moment is GO BUY PRENATALS! My nails are super strong and grow quickly.

3 comments:

  1. I started taking vitamins lately (a women's once a day one, flax seed oil and a combo of vitamin D and Calcium + Magnesium). My skin has gotten softer very noticeably. Plus I just feel pretty great. I'm going to keep it up. Yay vitamins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you buy your prenatals? Or did you get them from the pharmacy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got mine from the pharmacy. It's free that way since I got them on base.

    ReplyDelete